Workshops and slow motion video analysis to help hone your technique. Improve your PBs. Decrease your injuries. Enjoy running even more 🙂
We are designed to run. But we are not taught how to run. Until now…
Whether you’re an experienced runner or are just starting out, benefit from the expertise and experience of Britain’s Former Female Athlete of the Year and twice European 800m medallist, Becky Lyne, as she guides you toward running GRACE-fully.
Using this memorable acronym you will be taught how to tap into the ‘free energy’ so successfully exploited by professional athletes.Not only will this greater understanding and execution of the body’s innate movement patterns unlock faster PBs, it will also serve to reduce injury and create a more positive mindset when running.
What the 3 hour workshops includes:
– Scientific explanations and demonstrations of how humans are designed to run.
– Working through the five step GRACE-full Running Programme to enhance your running form.
– Optional slow-speed personalised video analysis – copies of which will be sent to you.
– Body maintenance session of foam rolling, trigger point release, zen chi relaxerciser and self massage – whilst discussing how to apply GRACE in your everyday life! (NB this tends to run on after the workshop has finished at 12:30).
– Free home-made protein balls and energy drinks or optional lunch provided by local vegan chef @ContadinoAtleta (£10/head).
We are currently only running private and bespoke group workshops. See the tabs below for details.
Contact me to arrange a workshop at Baslow Sports Field, or a location of your choosing* for 5 or more people (if less than that see our bespoke workshops below for charges).
Workshop = £30/person**
Video analysis = £10/person
**Organiser goes free.
*subject to £1/mile additional charge. Venue requires a room suitable for a presentation (I have a projector) and a space/surface at least 25m x 50m suitable for drills and filming.
As well as running technique, we can cover topics such as injury prevention, optimising your competitive mindset and strength and conditioning. Visit our TrY-Ed page to see the comprehensive list of sports related topics available on our Gifted and Talented Athlete programme.
The workshops are charged as follows:
1 hour £50
2 hours £80
3 hours £100
£10 per additional person per hour should be added to the total.
Slow-motion video analysis
- Submit your payment via the form below
- Email or WhatsApp a simple video of yourself running towards, away from and to the side of the camera, then receive a detailed breakdown of the key elements of your technique that you can improve upon. Corrective prompts, exercises and drills will be issued, together with a copy of our body-maintenance guide.
Example video to provide:
3. Subject to adequate video footage, your video analysis will be issued within a week.