We are designed to run. But we are not taught how to run. Until now…
Whether you’re an experienced runner or are just starting out, benefit from the expertise and experience of Britain’s Former Female Athlete of the Year and twice European 800m medallist, Becky Lyne, as she guides you toward running GRACE-fully.
Using this memorable acronym you will be taught how to tap into the ‘free energy’ so successfully exploited by professional athletes.Not only will this greater understanding and execution of the body’s innate movement patterns unlock faster PBs, it will also serve to reduce injury and create a more positive mindset when running.
What the 3 hour workshops includes:
– Scientific explanations and demonstrations of how humans are designed to run.
– Working through the five step GRACE-full Running Programme to enhance your running form.
– Optional slow-speed personalised video analysis – copies of which will be sent to you.
– Body maintenance session of foam rolling, trigger point release, zen chi relaxerciser and self massage – whilst discussing how to apply GRACE in your everyday life! (NB this tends to run on after the workshop has finished at 12:30).
– Free home-made protein balls and energy drinks or optional lunch provided by local vegan chef @ContadinoAtleta (£10/head).
Contact me to arrange a workshop at Baslow Sports Field, or a location of your choosing* for 5 or more people (if less than that see our bespoke workshops below for charges).
Workshop = £30/person**
Video analysis = £10/person
**Organiser goes free.
*subject to £1/mile additional charge. Venue requires a room suitable for a presentation (I have a projector) and a space/surface at least 25m x 50m suitable for drills and filming.
As well as running technique, we can cover topics such as injury prevention, optimising your competitive mindset and strength and conditioning. Visit our TrY-Ed page to see the comprehensive list of sports related topics available on our Gifted and Talented Athlete programme.
The workshops are charged as follows:
1 hour £50
2 hours £80
3 hours £100
£10 per additional person per hour should be added to the total.
Slow-motion video analysis
“I can’t believe I run like that!”. A common comment I receive upon sharing a video analysis. A simple film taken on your mobile phone can reveal so much. It is the most powerful starting point for honing your technique as we guide you through the steps (literally and metaphorically!) to align your body with the way it is designed to move.
Visit our sister website www.gracefullrunning.com to learn all about how you can sign up to an analysis using our bespoke joint detection software.